October 22, 2012

October 22nd: Octopus arms

I have so many things on my plate at the moment, I wish I had eight wonderful, tentacle-y arms to help me. And yes, I would love some of those sucker things too. I could be a Caucasian version of
Squid Girl

via google
Whoa. This gif is making me feel dizzy. Squid Girl, STOP IT!!!!!





Speaking of which. I still haven't told you about my amazing night terror experience, after watching American Horror Story Asylum last week.

Man, it's one of those things I hate to love. I can't get enough of the story and the twisted plots, complex characters and how absolutely horrifyingly dark it is. I am already looking forward to the next episode, although I swore to myself that I wasn't going to watch any more. The music and scariness hurts my psyche! I lay awake for about 4 hrs the night after watching it, picturing nuns with black goo - bleeding eyes, buckets full of human flesh fed to locked up crazy people, various "needle-in-your-eye" - scenarios. Oh, and Chloe Sevigny blowing people. But that's a different story. Ah...Chloe. Never disappoints. I love you.

As for the plot. Whoa. I used this expression for the second time now. Squid girl is still doing my head in. But back to the plot. If you expected a shitty second season of this show, you'll be more than positively surprised. It's very complex and interesting. I basically sat there for the entirety of the show, thinking to myself "WHAT HAPPENS NEXT????", rolling around excitedly on the couch like a three year old during the commercial break of Ben 10 Alien Force. Too long a sentence? Not the point here.
You have this asylum in the mid-sixties, run by a mad catholic nun and a crazy doctor. Then there are all the loonies and they even lock up a lesbian reporter chick, even though she is not crazy at all. Or maybe she is, who really knows? Are you crazy? Am I? CRAZY?  Anyone?

There's aliens and sci-fi stuff and anal rods and mutant people and torture doctors and blowjobs (CHLOE!) and greasers and what not. There are secret chutes and doors and mass murderers who skin people and lots of drugs, spitting, poo throwing mad scenes. The producers pay tribute to Leatherface and other scary motherfuckers. Critics say it's over the top, I say it's on top. Oh yeah, did I mention Adam Levine gets his arm ripped off? I reckon people all around the world will watch this part with gusto and content. No, honestly, I don't have anything against him. If only he wasn't in denial about what he actually does for a living (You do Pop, which is cool. Don't pretend you're fucking Lemmi).

As for the intro music, they stuck with the horrific not-song aka 'sound arrangement' of the first season which simply gives me the creeps just thinking of it.
Have a look and listen.



If you haven't watched the first season of AHS, please go do so now. It is seriously the best TV horror show, I have ever seen. Ok, I haven't seen that many, but who cares - it's awesome! And don't be put off by the fact it's made from the "Glee" - producers. Not that I was, I love Glee...but you know. For those of you who are under-appreciative hipsters. Smiley face.

Here is the trailer for the first season:



Happy fright nights. Make sure to put your rubber panties on before bed.