March 10, 2011

I did not have three thousand pairs of shoes, I had one thousand and sixty. Imelda Marcos

So it has been the start of my third week of working in a shoe shop and the amount of shoes I aquired, not to mention the amount I put on hold, proof how bad working in the fashion retail industry is for my bank account.
Also I calculated a little to see which room of the house has to be turned into a closet.
4 pairs is what I got within the first two weeks, makes 2 pairs a week, times 52 weeks a year makes 104 pairs, plus special sale items makes approximately 150 pairs/year, I will probably be working there until my permanent residency is granted so times two will make at least 300 pairs -  I guess my husband's office has got to go.

While I am building up my collection I'll let you have a look at the lovely boots and flats I got already. They're mainly work shoes so at the moment I am still holding myself back with all the heels, although I am already looking at a pair of 5 inch embroidered open toe heels for autumn/winter.
For all you Aussies living in QLD or VIC you can get these fantastic shoes at any Famous Footwear store.