September 03, 2013

A whore in spring...

How is everyone going? Have you been good little chipmunks over the last few days?
And eased into what is cruelly enough the only one-digit - month left in this year?
I wonder why we try so hard to hold on to what is essentially a way for humans to add a bit of structure to their already totally structured lives. It's just a name for a stretch of round about 30 days, yet we use it as an opportunity to reflect on what we have achieved in the last so-and-so months and feel bad about ourselves or want to achieve more More MORE.

In any way it is SPRING now in Australia and the multifaceted smiles on my face can only be taken off with an angle grinder. There is something about the weather slowly warming up that makes me melt a little inside. The bare leg pairs popping up around town, the insatiable cravings for fresh mangoes, peaches and watermelon, the amazing gym sessions, the bikinis wandering to the store fronts, the lizards and geckos and bees returning - it feels like everyone's waking up from a long, cold and monotone slumber.
Hello. This is a picture of my face. Wrinkles hidden by filter. xoxo Narcissist


I have been mentally preparing for a 26 hour long-distance flight I am boarding on Sunday - this will also be the first long distance flight I'm boarding by myself in three years and the thought of me being squeezed in between two people, without the option of sleeping/dribbling on these people's shoulders is quite frankly FRIGHTENING! Well, the option will be there. But I don't do things to strangers that aren't 100 % consensual. You shouldn't either. Ever.
Nevertheless I feel excited, or as excited as one can be when there are still a million things to organize and think about and when there is still a massive load of work to be dealt with...

On another note Dan and I have created a veggie patch and are looking into getting a puppy, so hey, September looks like it will be a pretty exciting month! Crazy dog lady and hippie vegetable farmer have been added to my CV.

And now: Random photos that are vaguely associated with my definition of spring. Drumroooollll

Spring lemonade

spring flowers
Krokus!!!!

spring footwear
spring roll....oh my god I am HILARIOUS!!!!