November 17, 2013

Austria Shopping diary

A little late but better than never - here's a quick rundown of some of the fabulous things I picked up whilst in Austria six weeks ago.
I went nuts at Zara and am already anticipating the opening of Zara in Brisbane (albeit dreading the crazy Aussie price tags). For the first time in my life I've done what I'd call 'sensible shopping', buying a few statement pieces, a few basics and workout gear and only three pairs of shoes - one as an emergency pair for a wedding, a pair of Nike Free Runs and one pair of ridiculous Bershka heels I adored and snatched up without hesitation (they're now reduced so get in quick if you're equally as obsessed as I am).  I usually buy ridiculous stuff whilst on holidays so this was definitely a personal victory in the 'stupid-consumerism' department.
One of my first purchases however wasn't fashion related - I went and stormed the MAC cosmetics counter asap and got some foundation, concealer and powder sorted. MAC is around 30 % cheaper in Austria compared to Australia, so I took advantage of that and stocked up on a few lipsticks as I went. YAY!
MAC face and body foundation, concealer and prep + prime translucent powder, lipsticks in "Ruby Woo", "Pink Braid" and "Snob"

intricate embellishments and the most interesting fabric made me do it. Also this is a skirt, not a skort. Skorts are for school girls and nanas. EUR 50 from Zara

the world's best skirt shape is back. Makes me feel weirdly mermaid-y. Preferably wear with a bikini top and nothing else. EUR 20 from Zara

hyper transparent and weirdly shapeless, a white body con skirt is kind of a must to wear underneath (it is THAT transparent). I never wear read, but after seeing it on Day One of my holiday and not being able to forget about it, it just had to become mine before I went home. EUR 50 from Zara


This is just an example of Zara doing, what Zara does best - floaty, boob-exposing shirts in seemingly timeless cuts and shapes - EUR 40 from Zara




excuse the change room selfies - I bought both these ankle caressing pants because secretly I'm still hoping to one day wake up and be Elin Kling. EUR 20 each from H&M (not available anymore). Also THIGHS! Starting to love those bastards.
 
heel-arious. ah, I see what you did there. EUR 40 (now $ 25) from Bershka