February 24, 2013

Blink182 gig

Blink-182 Soundwave sideshow at The Marquee, RNA Showgrounds, Brisbane. (Photo: Andrew Wade/Triple M)

 Blink-182 Soundwave sideshow at The Marquee, RNA Showgrounds, Brisbane. (Photo: Andrew Wade/Triple M)
 Blink-182 Soundwave sideshow at The Marquee, RNA Showgrounds, Brisbane. (Photo: Andrew Wade/Triple M)Blink-182 Soundwave sideshow at The Marquee, RNA Showgrounds, Brisbane. (Photo: Andrew Wade/Triple M)
all photos via Triple M


I had a realisation on Friday.
Blink182 are actually poets and kind of hopeless romantics.
Well..
Dick joke telling poets and hopeless romantics.


Anyway, these two songs were my favourites from the set.
The acoustic part was pretty eye-opening too. I didn't really
expect too much from the gig. To be honest I didn't expect anything from the new album
and it's pretty good. I love being proven wrong!
And their 'substitute drummer' was shredding away like there was no tomorrow.
I think it's just the entertainment value that suffered a little from Travis not being there. I imagine seeing this tiny little tattooed and pierced guy beating the shit out of his drum set to be quite awesome.
Looks like I have another thing to add onto my bucket list.
Seeing the lot play a gig. Preferably during a crazy as 80ies movie boobie roadtrip in the US. Or my living room?
Call me!