May 17, 2013

UP NORTH

I seem to have found the holy grail to relaxing flights. Not valium, but ear plugs. 10 years of constant airport frequentation and I only just figured that it would be a good idea to pop some ear plugs in for the brutal 6 o'clock flight I took yesterday morning. Long sentences and stuff.

I'm in Cairns, peepz. And I'm feeling
nostalgia. The happy type. Feel free to search through my 2010 posts, to see what I got up last time I was here (gotta learn German first though).

As always I am working, but with a half day off here and there I can get around to exploring the area a little. Walking around in a city you've been to before is like walking on a deja vu - minefield. Every step you take a memory strikes and a smile or a face palm follows. Sometimes both.

I am not sure what I am trying to tell you tonight, except that I still haven't sighted any crocodiles yet in this place. But if I do you will be the first to know.