December 09, 2012

December 9th: Re-connecting





photos via mymodernmet.com


 I re-potted plants today and haven't felt this calm and content in a while.
My job is super hectic, yes,  but it really is the constant confrontation with conflict
that I find draining. In my personal life I avoid conflict in a way that I never usually
leave a problem floating around until it turns into one. I think I am quite efficient that way.
So dealing with super stressful situations at least 5 days per week is something
I have to get used to first.

I have this image in my head of a successful business woman, juggling family and
job, while constantly looking fabulous. It's not like that. At all.
My nail polish is chipped, I could do with shaving my legs and the dirty dishes
are collecting at the sink. And I have neglected this blogasaurus way to much in the last 3 months.
But you know what, it doesn't matter. It's not about being perfect. Being perfect sucks to be honest.
I much rather re-pot my plants and sweat my butt off in the sun, than be perfect, as lame as this may sound.
I much rather have a laugh with my husband than get my nails done.

It's quite an enlightening experience for me to find that the source of my own
content lies within organic, honest activities.