September 04, 2012

September 4th: Enlightenment

via google. storm cloud
This article made me get goosebumps today.
You should read the whole thing but if you are short on time here are a few of my favourite quotes:

  Living means suffering, error, risking, giving and losing. This is how we postpone death. To me this represents freedom. To accept that life is a full spectrum of feeling and colors and that we must dance in the chaos, to dance through the range of the emotions that we are gifted as humans. This to me is freedom.

 I have felt in my personal life that freedom was graduating, or getting validation from a degree or certification, traveling, attracting a beautiful and loving partner or friend. While all of those things can bring you happiness, the dependency on them can actually rob you of your happiness.

 True freedom comes in accepting that you will never know it all and there is a certain surrender and peace in that.


I so often struggle with feeling like an underachiever and this really made me feel enlightened and content. I should stop beating myself up over things I don't have and appreciate the things I have. That doesn't mean I should stop trying to make the most of my time, but it does mean I should consider taking a step back and looking at what I have achieved and what I have become with pride. At least from time to time. Because you only live once.

via google. storm clouds are intimidating. and beautiful.