June 05, 2012

June 5th: Dirty faces, dirty girls

Hi!

Two days ago I bragged about how I made the most amazing purchase about two years ago. Well, I don't know a lot about beauty but I know that this baby has helped improve my skin heaps!

via google
I used to run to the beautician once a month to have a facial done, in order to have kinda-nice looking skin for about a week or two. It cost me heaps of money and when I moved to Australia, I didn't have that sort of spare change at my disposal. Facials are probably the last thing anyone has money for these days but I can highly recommend the Clarisonic Pro facial brush. I admit it's a pricey investment but there is a 2 year warranty on it and you can score some pretty good deals on Amazon.

You simply use it whenever you cleanse your skin (so morning and night). Once you've applied a tiny little bit of your face wash on the brush, you simply wet your face and switch it on. The brush moves in small rotary motions and not only cleans, but also massages your skin.

After one minute the brush automatically turns off, preventing you from over-scrubbing your skin. And ta-daaa you're left with beautiful, silky-smooth and super-elastic skin.
I can't praise this thing enough. When I went home last year I took it with me to let Mum have a try and after one use, she went online and ordered a set for herself. Now that speaks for itself, right?

Anyway - moving on to the products.
Skincare is expensive, but if you follow a few simple rules, you will still be able to afford rent.
I'm not one to spend a lot on beauty products and usually I go by these rules:
  • Invest in a good face wash - WHY? Well, it's really quite self-explanatory: Without a good face wash, your face stays dirty - dirt clogs your pores - apple crumble party on your face
  • Invest in a good moisturizer - WHY? Uhm...it's THE essential for skin care! With a good moisturizer you won't have to worry about zits, dryness, itching and redness. And silky smooth skin!! YAY.
  • Skip the toner or go for a cheapy - WHY? Toner is really only removing the excess dirt - which is pretty much non-existant. The only reason I am using toner is because I like the 'aaaahhh' - freshness feeling after I apply it. If you're a little tight this week, just skip it.
  • Eye cream? It's awesome but SO expensive. Just buy Garnier Eye Roll-on instead! It's cooling and easy to apply and removes puffiness. Best thing: It's tinted so doubles up as a concealer!
I am currently using the Biotherm Aquasource line, which gives me a moisture-boost during winter. The moisturizer smells like cucumber and is light and extremely smooth. My face wash is Biotherm too, but I use the pore reducing one, because, thanks to my Mum (i love you!!!) my face is riddled with craters for pores. Luckily there are a bunch of geniouses sitting in the Biotherm labs and this facewash actually holds its promises.

images via google


And LAST but not least in this very amateur beauty post: ALWAYS take your make-up off!
There is NOTHING worse than waking up with crutsy mascara and cakey foundation hanging off your puffy face. (Note to myself: Read this paragraph again and put into action right now!)

That's all I have to contribute to the topic of skincare. Do you have any suggestions or want to add anything? Don't hesitate to do so! I'm always happy to learn something new :)
Ok, taking the cake off my face now.
Love you all!
xxx