August 25, 2012

August 25: Ooops, I did it again.

Saving room and money is a tricky one when you work in retail.
You pretty much sell the idea of materialism as a life changer to your customers. Buy these shoes, they will make you prettier/happier/more attractive/a better person/give you a healthy relationship/increase your confidence etc.

Now I know I am not supposed to get affected by that, since I am the smarter person, right? I am the one somewhat taking advantage of people's low self-esteem and their (not their but society's) urges to consume regularly. Therefore I should know better than to regularly consume myself. I should be all over this, going: "I don't need to clutter my home with footwear. I am a happy person without these heels". Maybe I am reading too much into this. Maybe I am not reading enough into it. It doesn't really matter, since none of the above really means anything. Oh. My. God.
Enough of the crazy talk. Here's a little poem I wrote. 

Ooops, I did it again.
I played with some shoes.
Got lost in the heels.
Oh baby, baby.


Ok, some credits MAY go to Britney Spears' ghost writer anno 2000. But only SOME.

I feel like I am channeling my inner Elin Kling with these shoes. Dramatic footwear but kept in a subtle colour. Just my thang.

Ok, I am off now.
Going to the beach tomorrow morning. Life is bliss!!!