May 16, 2012

May 16th: Oh Kimbra..

So here's the deal: I'm not going to write a concert review because quite simply, I am not objective enough today. I think Kimbra was mindblowing and her vocal span is incredible.

I had chills all the way through the concert and at times had to pinch myself to make sure I was actually hearing this magic, and not imagining it.
photo source you should look through the whole album. seriously slick photography!

She builds a whole song around loops of her own voice and then kills it with singing Jesus Christ off the cross. All while looking beautiful and being the most charming, cutest, weirdest dancing beauty queen in the world.

I can't not use fluffy language. I mean - she even had confetti! And a band dressed in 80ies clothes and with "Fresh Prince" - haircuts. Aaargh. And even when she made a mistake nobody wanted her to start over again because, frankly, Kimbra's mistakes are better than anyone's achievements.

 I am really and truly hoping that she will have a long and lasting career without selling out/posing for playboy/bringing out a clothing line for Big W and that in a year or two, when I will pleasedly purchase a ticket to her concert with a $ 100 price tag on it I will be just as blown away as I was yesterday and am today.

The only thing pissing me off was a  douchey-as Daniel Merriwheater who covered Nine Inch Nails' "Closer" - one of my favourite songs as a teenager and still. The fact he was half-drunk and thought he was the shit made his gig pretty bad, but when he tried to put heartbreak and emotion into a song lyric like "I wanna fuck you like an animal" I actually felt as if I was watching the biggest creep. Sorry Merriwheater, even the fact you collaborated with Mark 'pleasemarryme' Ronson doesn't upgrade your performance.


Oh well oh well... that's me for today.
Hope you are feeling as meatball-amazing as I do!
xxx