April 19, 2012

April 19th: Mama's the best!

YAY!

My amazing parcel finally arrived in the mail and Mum really is the bestest in the world.
And how funny is this: When I went to the post office after work the little dude behind the counter first looked through the big envelopes, then the small parcels, then the bigger parcels and the whole time I was thinking: 'Oh brother, you sure don't have any idea about how much my mum loves me'. And slowly but finally he went into the spare room with all the big boxes and there it was: A lovely white box with my name and address scribbled over it and the sight of my mum's handwriting made my heart do a few happy jumps. I couldn't help but chuckle when the post dude picked it up and was obviously overwhelmed by the weight. Haha, even I couldn't believe how heavy it was for its size. It wasn't until I opened it that I realised why: It was filled with European chocolates and lollies :)

And just as I thought all the Easter choc mania was over and the diet could start...:




Thanks Mama for being the bestest and spoiling me and sending me a piece of home every now and then :)

Unfortunately both skirts I ordered from H&M are a size too big so I have to take them in. One would think I could order the right size form a shop I have bought clothes from since I was 12. Nonetheless they are pretty beautiful and definitely will get a lot of wear out of them over the winter months.


Whoop whoop.
So what else is going on?

I had a very interesting chat with a friend the other day. We were talking about how everyone feels the urge of becoming a photographer/artist/stylist/writer/graphic designer nowadays and we sort of felt like analysing where this phenomenon originated from.
What are your thoughts on the topic?

Well, we thought obviously social networking and internet trends, blogs and online magazines ask for some sort of basic photographic skill. Everyone has an outlet (and an iPhone) these days and the better you are at taking photos (of yourself), witty writing and graphic designing, the more interesting it gets for your readers. Funny how I am bad at all three things and still have your attention :) Thank you, I love you all.
After a while of procrastinating we came to the conclusion that everyone is a fame whore these days and that besides knowing how to photo shop your legs thin, people lack a lot of handy-man qualities. Hahaaaaaa. That's where I come in. You need a wall painted? I'll do it! Put up a shelf? Call me anytime! Change your fly screens? Here I go again!
And seriously, who WOULDN'T want to see me in a good old denim shirts and steelcap boots?

Which, for reasons I don't know,  reminds me you should definitely read this article. Actually, just subscribe to the newsletter or add the site to your reader. It's amazing and enlightening and so clever. Ditch some of your 'and another boring outfit post by a self-centred overprivileged rich girl'-blogs and spend your time on this website instead. You won't regret it!

Also, I am married to this champion:




Ahahah. Cutie.